Board Members Emeritus
Donna has dynamic senior executive experience leading international pharmaceutical, medical device and biologics companies in all facets of product development and commercialization. Her operational strengths include start-up, corporate financing, executive team recruitment, strategic planning and implementation, sales force establishment as well as identification and tapping of international markets. She has guided groundbreaking products through clinical development, regulatory approval, manufacturing and market introduction. Among her marketing accomplishments are strategic national product launches, public relations and media affairs.
Donna is currently Managing Director of Janson Consulting, a marketing organization focused on healthcare providing services that result in the acceleration of market understanding, acceptance and product adoption. She is an Associate of The Avenues Company and a Director of Sienna Labs and Azenic Dental Inc.
- Dr. Michael G. Newman graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), College of Letters and Sciences with a degree in Psychology.
- He completed his dental training at the UCLA School of Dentistry in 1972.
- In 1974, Dr. Newman received Certificates in Periodontics and Oral Medicine at the Harvard School of Dental Medicine and in Periodontics at the Veterans Administration West Roxbury, MA. He completed a Certificate in Oral Microbiology from the Forsyth Dental Institute.
- Dr Newman is the founding Editor in Chief of Elsevier and the American Dental Association PracticeUpdate Clinical Dentistry channel
- Professor Emeritus, University of California at Los Angeles School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, CA
- Past President of the American Academy of Periodontology
- Senior author of Newman and Carranza’s Clinical Periodontology and Implantology, 14th edition, (Elsevier), 2023, the most widely used periodontal textbook in the world
- Senior author of Newman and Carranza’s Clinical Periodontology for the Dental Hygienist (Elsevier)
- Was a periodontist in Los Angeles, where he had been in clinical practice for more than 30 years
- Founding co-chair ADA Evidence-Based Champion Conferences
- Founding board member emeritus of the McGuire Institute in Houston
- Was the first dental advisor to Touch Surgery (London)
- Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology
- Published over 260 peer reviewed journal articles and abstracts
- Was a consultant to the Council on Scientific Affairs of the American Dental Association and has served as an ad hoc reviewer for NIDCR, the Canadian, and Belgium Scientific Councils and for the Cochrane Oral Health Group and a reviewer numerous journals
- Was associate editor of the International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Implants (Quintessence)
Alice DeForest devoted over 35 years to directing dental associations. After 10 years at the American Dental Association, she served as Executive Director of the American Academy of Periodontology for 26 years retiring in 2012. Ms. DeForest is the recipient of numerous awards for her professional achievements and was a founding member of the board of the McGuire Institute.